1. CONSENT When you apply to become a member of the Group you are also asked to consent to the collection, storage and use of your personal information as described in (2) below.
IMPORTANT: Existing members shall be deemed to have given their consent to the use of their data, UNLESS having notified the Group’s Membership Secretary otherwise in writing.
2. PERSONAL DATA This normally means name, postal address, email address and telephone number.
This information is collected directly from you at the point you join the Group, using a membership application form or online contact form. At this point, you are also requested to give your consent, as required by the above Regulations, for the Group to retain and use your personal information for membership purposes. Should any subsequent additional personal data, other than that described above, be collected by the Group, it will only be with your prior agreement at the time.
3. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA Your personal data will be used to provide you with details of the Group’s activities and services and for internal administration purposes. Contact will normally be made by members’ email, telephone and post. Your data may also be provided to committee members and other members by email or telephone but only when necessary to facilitate the running of the Group.
It will be necessary to provide certain personal details to organising bodies for Group activities that you have elected to join but this will always be kept to the minimum required.
Your personal details will never be disclosed to third parties for marketing or similar purposes
4. HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION The Group takes precautions to protect the personal information that you have supplied. When you submit this information, either hard copy or online, it will be stored securely and on computer data media by our Membership Secretary. Any personal financial information received from you, for example if you elect to pay the Group via electronic means, will be retained securely by the Group’s Treasurer.
5. YOUR RIGHTS REGARDING THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION You may opt out from any future contacts from the Group at any time by contacting the Membership Secretary. You can also do the following :-
(i) ask at any time to see what data the Group is holding about you.
(ii) change / correct any data the Group holds about you – you will be requested annually to confirm that your personal details are unchanged.
(iii) request that any data the Group retains about you is deleted, by contacting the Membership
(iv) express concern you may have about the Group’s use of your data.
(v) lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.