Lengths of Walks & Timings
6–8 miles: ~4 hours with stops
9–10 miles: ~5 hours with stops
11–15 miles: ~6 hours with stops
Please note that distances and timings for walks are approximate—they are the best indication that the leader gave when the programme was set.
Walks begin promptly at the indicated start times so please check this carefully and be sure to allow enough time to put on your boots, waterproofs, etc. before walking.
Packed Lunch & Drink will be needed on all but the Pub Lunch Walks.
Thursday Pub Lunch Walks
Thursday pub lunch walks are about 4–5 miles long, start at 10:30am, and all walking is completed before the pub lunch. Meals are ordered before the walk. Non-walkers wishing to join us for lunch are welcome but they must notify the leader beforehand. Please park with consideration for other pub customers.
Parking & Car Sharing
Please always park safely and with consideration for local residents.
Car sharing is encouraged.
Dogs are welcome at the discretion of the walk leader but must be kept on a short lead. We advise you to contact the leader before the day of the walk to avoid disappointment on the day.
At present, Sport England and the Government have deemed that there is minimal risk from Covid-19 in outdoor pursuits and group walking, while the benefits of exercise and social interaction remain very important.
Nonetheless, the rules we are following to allow us to organise walks safely are as follows:
- Obey any general Covid-19 rules for the country, county, and local area.
- The number of people allowed on any one walk is at the discretion of that walk’s leader, generally up to a maximum of 30 people.
- Booking in advance with the leader is required.
- Risk assessments are to be completed by the leader and kept for one year.
- If necessary, names will be recorded and kept for 21 days for the purposes of contact tracing.
- If required, advice on social distancing, face masks, hand sanitising, etc. will be given at the start of a walk.